Provides professional support to the Executive and Finance Directors in the areas of human resources and personnel management, and payroll, ensuring compliance with current federal and state employment laws and other related rules, regulations and guidelines. Provides interpretation and compliance with First Pres employment policies and procedures. Engages in training and development for all First Pres staff to help instill a culture of teamwork and accountability working toward the vision and mission of First Pres. Teams with the Director of Facilities on safety and security issues facing First Pres. Provides administrative support to Stewardship and Finance as directed.
Holds beliefs consistent with those of First Presbyterian Church; Active member of a local Christian congregation
Bachelor’s degree or similar work experience required
PHR/SPHR certification preferred
· 5+ years of experience in progressively responsible human resource roles required
· 2+ years payroll processing experience required
· Paycom knowledge and experience preferred
· Rock Data Base experience desirable
· Experience in a religious or non-profit environment desired.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-stakeholder environment with minimum supervision.
· Significant experience and desire to maintain employee files and other pertinent employee-related information in confidential, clean, accessible and up-to-date manner.
· Advanced user of MS Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
· Experience in managing processes, developing standards, and organizational skills a must
· Attention to detail must be your passion.
· Ability to work in and resolve conflict between employees and policies and processes.
Full-time position with benefits, leave and retirement planning
Application, resume, letter of interest and background check required
Apply online at www.firstprescos.org/employment
Pay is commensurate with experience