The goal of the Communication Ministry of First Pres is to develop and provide strategic direction for the First Pres brand at organization and ministry levels. The Graphic Designer creates beautiful and powerful visual imagery and content for use in worship, advertising, print, digital, and electronic communications tools including social media, to support key branding messages to particular First Pres communities, ministries, and Colorado Springs as a whole. The Graphic Designer develops creative content and visual imagery such that there are common markers of design identity that are recognizable as First Pres or a First Pres ministry.
The Graphic Designer must understand how marketing/strategic communications campaigns work in order to maintain a consistent design standard throughout First Pres. The Graphic Designer partners with the Director of Communication, members of the First Pres Executive Team and Worship Team to provide input as to effective messaging, brand awareness, development of text into more effective messaging (such as graphs, tables, etc.), and other presentation media (video, photos, slides, etc.), for particular strategic communications campaigns. This key position develops and maintains the visual standard for First Pres!
Active member of First Presbyterian Church or active member of a local Christian congregation. Holds beliefs that are consistent with those of First Presbyterian Church.
Bachelor of Arts or Fine Arts, BA in Graphic Design or related degree required
· Minimum of two years of design experience in communications, advertising, graphic design or related industry experience
· Experience as lead designer desirable
· Experience working with strategic communications or marketing planning and implementation desirable
· Experience working across multiple media including print, digital, photography and video
· Experience in an environment working across multiple departments with unique characteristics and design needs
· Expert level competencies within Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat Pro
· Experience and proficiency with Mac/OS platform
· Proficiency with web layouts and media management in a WYSIWYG editor
· Basic knowledge of HTML preferred
· Proficiency with Basecamp or similar project management tools
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Knowledge of color theory and color relationships
· Experience with typography, typographic terms, forms and settings
· Proficiency with page composition and style setup
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to receive and respond to feedback with grace
· Must be able to work independently managing multiple priorities in keeping with overall schedule set by Director of Communication
Full-time position with competitive salary, benefits, leave and retirement planning