We are looking for energetic individuals with a strong work ethic and a desire to live and work in a close community to serve on our Sales Team. We are passionate about our mission statement and are looking for like-minded people who want to join our team and help us change the world! Please thoughtfully consider each part of our mission statement, job description, and description of our ministry and community before applying.
To inspire Christ-like change through Outdoor Adventure Authentic Relationships and Biblical Truth
The makeup of our community determines a large part of what it is like to live and work here. We have about 120 people who live on-site year round, comprised of: full-time staff, families of staff, and interns. Glorieta is a beautiful place with many natural resources but calls for a desire for adventurous living.
● Title: Sales Representative
● Department: Sales
● Reports to: Sales Manager
This is a full-time salaried position with the responsibility to assist in conducting various marketing and sales campaigns through face-to-face visits, interaction with on-site guests, phone calls, e-mails, and other avenues of contact. If hired, one would be working with other team members by combining sales efforts, coordinating communication, and traveling to and attending events. The purpose of this position is to share with people the mission and vision of the Camp Eagle Family of Camps and register new customers.
● Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, and maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with the internal and external customers of Glorieta Camps.
● Upholds the mission of the Camp Eagle Family of Camps: to “inspire Christ-like change through outdoor adventure, authentic relationships, and Biblical truth.”
● Will be in an environment that requires a high level of communication throughout the day.
● Will be working in a fast paced environment that is growing and changing constantly.
● Will travel to various cities, locally and nationally, to meet with and cultivate leads through events and face-to-face meetings.
● Will need to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of every program offered at Glorieta Camps, including programming, activities, price points, etc. for the purpose of sales.
● Will interact with potential and existing customers through a variety of different channels: email, phone, face to face, social media, etc.
● Will search for, coordinate, and attend marketing events that may involve running activities, manning a marketing booth, and interacting with people from all walks of life.
● Will log detailed information from conversations/events/emails into Salesforce (our customer relationship manager) to keep a good flow of communication between all departments.
Other Duties of ALL Glorieta Staff:
We operate year-round. We have guests on the premises almost every day of the year. Serving guests is our number one priority, therefore ALL staff must participate in guest service in some capacity. Tasks may include cooking, cleaning, facilitating group activities, running retail locations, general maintenance of camp property, and work projects as needed. There are often groups here on weekends, and all staff members will be required to work certain weekends as needed.
Character, Education, Abilities, Skills, Experience:
The “Ideal” candidate will have:
● Pursuit of a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and commitment to scripture.
● The ability and flexibility to transition smoothly from one assignment to another with little to no warning. The world of sales is always changing and will affect this job on a regular basis. ● Strong communication skills and a background in communication. Degrees in Marketing, Communications, Camp Management, or Business Administration are preferred but not required (A minimum of 2 years of college in the aforementioned degree plans or like frontline sales experience are the preference).
● The ability to exhibit self-motivation and diligence.
● The ability to perform tasks out of the ordinary on short notice with a degree of flexibility.
● The skills required to negotiate price with potential customers.
● Basic business environment computer skills (Word, Excel, PPT).
○ Experience in SalesForce is a plus.
● The ability to be detail oriented and organized.
Work Context and Travel:
Candidate MUST be able to travel frequently (oftentimes nationally) for the purpose of marketing/sales, various job trainings, and other organizational needs. Preferred: We are looking to have someone who could travel off site for an extended period of time. Someone we could embed in a major metro area for up to five weeks at a time.
Weekends: Will be required to work some weekends.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift heavy objects (up to 40lbs), sit, hike long distances, stand for long periods of time, bend, and squat. Must be able to perform any of the above work duties for an extended period of time and/or repetitively without assistance.
Work Environment: Most work will be done indoors with some outdoor events.
Training: All employees will be given opportunity for improvement through appropriate training. Glorieta Camps will provide world-class sales training for all members of our sales team. This will include on-going coaching and training workshops as a regular part of this position.
Compensation: Full-time, salaried position with including housing and benefits. Our staff live on the campgrounds in houses or apartments that are shared with other staff members and are gender specific. We have some limited housing available for married couples.
Preferred Minimum Commitment: 24 months
Disclaimer: This job description is not a complete description of the tasks a candidate will be asked to perform. It also could change slightly at any point in time. We ask that anyone who is interested in working at Glorieta Camps be flexible and have a positive attitude.
Those interested can apply at: https://glorieta.org/jobs-careers/career-positions/