We are seeking an outgoing and organized nanny to work with our family. As our nanny, you will play a key role in providing care, intellectual stimulation, structure, educational tasks, and entertainment for our kids. This position is to provide after-school care for our two boys who are 4 and 6 years old. The hours will generally be from school pick-up at 2:50 pm until 6:00 pm, Monday-Friday. Being present for school pickup will be critical, but we will not necessarily always need you after 5 pm. You will also collaborate with us (the parents) to plan and prepare meals, organize activities, and arrange for transportation. Our family is based in Stapleton with the elementary school in the same neighborhood. At times, one or both parent(s) might be working from the home office but we will rely on the nanny to be the primary child care provider until about 5-6pm. The nanny will not be needed 1-2 days per week on a flexible basis, at the parents’ discretion.
This position will start mid-August 2019 with the 2019/2020 school year, and we are looking for a firm commitment to remain with us for the duration of the school year. Compensation for this position is salaried and set at $900/month, with $15/hr for any additional childcare negotiated outside of the pre-arranged hours. We hope for availability for full/half days for childcare on school breaks or holidays, as needed and as your availability allows- only if it works for both of us. You must have your own safe and reliable transportation with current auto insurance and a clean driving record. We hope to conduct interviews soon to fill this position and prepare for the next school year.
We have a history for keeping a great working relationship with our caretakers, we enjoy including them in our daily routine and maintaining a high level of communication to create a supportive environment for our family and our caretaker alike. We are CCU alum and would love to have a CCU student in our home with our family!
Nanny Duties and Responsibilities
● Tend to the general and basic needs of the children while providing supervision to ensure the children’s safety in day-to-day activities
● Engage children in age-appropriate activities—including free play, arts and crafts, games, and reading—to encourage the children’s intellectual development
● Supervise homework and assist if needed
● Model appropriate social behaviors to encourage children’s social and emotional development, such as developing empathy and cultivating interpersonal relationships
● Teach children safe behavior based on environmental context; for example, seek adult assistance to cross the street
● In case of illness or injury, provide necessary medical attention; contact parents and discuss options for medical assistance
● Create a safe environment for the children by removing hazards and enforcing appropriate boundaries
● Transport the children to school, extracurricular activities (such as Taekwondo or soccer), and the library or museum on school holidays
● Perform housekeeping tasks related to the children’s care
● Meet with the parents regularly to reflect on and plan for the children’s activities and development
● Meal prep on an as-needed basis-- we can discuss
● Act as a positive role model for our kids
Nanny Requirements and Qualifications
● Certification in infant and child first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
● Proficiency in computer technology, including calendar management, web applications, and basic word processing software
● Fluent in spoken and written English
● Prior experience in childcare settings (day care center, nursery, babysitting, nanny)
● High school diploma required
Nice to Have
● Post-secondary certificate and/or some college preferred
● Currently studying early childhood education, elementary education, or child psychology
● Spanish fluency and ability to speak Spanish with our kids
● Please send your resume and cover letter to Tanisha Dembicki at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please have references available.