(multiple positions and locations available)
Reading Partners is a national nonprofit organization that works to expand life opportunities for at-risk elementary school children by empowering them with strong literacy skills. Tutoring with Reading Partners requires absolutely no experience in education, and can take as little as 1 hour per week. We work directly with schools in low-income communities to provide one-on-one literacy tutoring for students who read below grade level.
We are seeking qualified candidates for our Literacy Tutor work study positions, who assist the on-site coordinator with tutoring and administrative support. In addition to tutoring, work study students may also have the opportunity to develop additional projects based upon academic and professional development interests.
Reading Partners will coordinate with students’ class schedules, ensuring that your time in the reading center is not conflicting with what is required from school. Generally, hours are available with Reading Partners Monday - Thursday, from 8am - 4pm (depending on the school site). We are currently seeking work study students who can commit to working between 3-15 hours/week.
This opportunity will provide you with the chance to gain valuable experience thinking on your feet, following a structured plan, and adjusting that plan as needed. Moreso, you get the chance to work and interact with some amazing young learners!
● Working one-on-one with elementary school students reading below grade level
● Tracking student progress using Reading Partners tools
● Substitute tutoring sessions
● Administrative duties, as needed
● Willingness to learn about tutoring strategies, as well as receive coaching and feedback for implementation of those strategies.
● Patience working with students who need help learning
● Ability to work independently or with limited supervision
● Ability to interact effectively with diverse groups of people
● Ability to commit to a schedule and show up promptly when expected
● Consistent and timely communication regarding scheduling conflicts or absences
Openings: We have openings at multiple school locations across the Denver Metro area.
Compensation: This is a Federal Work Study position, non-exempt.
Application Requirements: To apply, please submit a resume to Zach Ward, Deputy Program Director, at email@example.com. Work Study students are required to pass a background check and attend a short training before starting work.
Reading Partners is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about Reading Partners, please visit our website at www.readingpartners.org.