Room, Board, Laundry Service and Travel Stipend Provided.
Dates: June 7 – August 15, 2020 Apply here: http://www.campstarfish.org/staff/apply-now.html
About this Job: The Camp Starfish Nurse is responsible for providing health care for campers and staff, overseeing the administration of medications for campers and staff, coordinating visits to a doctor when needed, monitoring overall health and cleanliness standards, organizing health paperwork and maintaining camper and staff health records. This position also maintains the medication administration records (MAR) and assists with other tasks as necessary.
Ultimately, the Camp Starfish Nurse allows children and staff to succeed at camp by ensuring that their health needs are met in a safe, efficient, caring, and nurturing manner.
Responsibilities and Duties: To be the summer camp nurse: provide health care for campers and staff, oversee the administration of medications for campers and staff, coordinate visits to a doctor when needed, monitor overall health and cleanliness standards, organize health paperwork and maintain camper and staff health records. Maintain the medication administration records (MAR). Assist with other tasks as necessary.
• Oversee daily operation of the health center
• Maintain complete and up-to-date health records, including staff and camper health forms and documentation of all medical and nursing interventions
• Provide health screenings for all campers on the opening day of each session.
• Conduct an inventory of supplies and put together supply orders as necessary to maintain necessary health care at camp.
• Provide comprehensive nursing assessment to patients (campers and staff) and intervene as appropriate in accordance with standing orders
• Ensure safe medication packaging, storage and administration in accordance with camp policies and procedures
• Respond quickly to all medical emergencies and seek additional medical support as needed
• Communicate any and all health concerns to the Camp Director and/or Executive Director
• Delegate, as appropriate, to health assistants, camp administrators and directors in accordance with camp policy and the Nurse Practice Act (Chapter 326-B) outlined in the New Hampshire Statutes
• Follow set schedule for days off, must be on camp property on all other days when campers are on site. Follow protocol for communication when leaving camp or for breaks on-camp to ensure consistent communication with leadership staff.
• Check, maintain and distribute first aid kits to all areas of camp and for staff.
• Participate in and lead specific parts of staff training pertaining to camp health and safety. Provide staff training on universal precautions, epi pens and basic health management for staff.
• Keep records of all accident/incident reports for campers and staff.
• Monitor health for all campers and staff throughout each session.
• Assist in completing final end of summer evaluation for full-time and/or part-time health assistants
• Take on other tasks as needed and at the discretion of the Director of Health Services or Camp Director. Health care should always be first priority; however other responsibilities are likely to arise during the summer.
Current RN or LPN license*
• Maintain valid certification in healthcare provider cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) • Ability to originate, update and monitor healthcare, maintain records and implement health plans.
• Ability to take initiative and make health care decisions
• Desire to live and work in a camp community
• Ability to drive a camp vehicle
• Experience with children and young adults preferable
*For New Hampshire Licensure—New Hampshire is a compact state. Twenty-four states belong to the compact: AZ, AR, CO, DE, ID, IA, KY, ME, MD, MS, MO, NE, NH, NM, NC, ND, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA and WI. If you are licensed in any of these states you may practice in New Hampshire without an additional license.
This is a residential summer camp position with Summer 2020 employment dates: June 7th - August 15th. Live, work, and play with some truly amazing children.
For more information, please visit http://campstarfish.org/staff/apply-now.html and complete an online application. All hiring decisions contingent on completed application, reference verification, and results of background checks.