Room, Board, Laundry Service and Travel Stipend Provided.
Dates: June 7 – August 15, 2020
Apply here: http://www.campstarfish.org/staff/apply-now.html Internship Information: Whether you are looking to grow personally or develop marketable skills for the corporate or professional world, work at Camp Starfish will prepare you for almost anything! Internship programs are available for college credit in many different disciplines. In previous summers, staff with majors in Social Work, Recreation, Sports Science, Wilderness Leadership, Psychology, Education, Business Management and many other subjects were able to spend the summer having fun at camp while still working towards their degree!
In addition to receiving 140+ hours of training and 650+ hours of hands-on experience, if you join our team as an intern, you will automatically be placed in our Intern Seminar that meets weekly at camp. Our leadership staff and directors are committed to helping make sure you get the most out of your internship opportunity.
If you are planning to use your time at camp to gain internship credit, we strongly recommend that you speak with your advisor, etc. to determine the necessary steps to apply for credit at your particular institution. We will work with you and your school to make sure that the right forms are filled out, but as every school is different, we rely on you to guide the process. We also recommend you apply as early as possible to give both you and us enough time to get everything organized.
About this Job:
Camp Starfish Health Assistants work under the supervision of our Camp Nurse as integral members of our Healthy House team, which is responsible for providing health care and medications for campers and staff, monitoring overall health and cleanliness standards, organize health paperwork and maintaining camper and staff health records. Health Assistants provide first aid, triage, and ongoing care for children and adults. Ultimately, Health Assistants allow children to succeed at camp by ensuring that their health needs are met in a safe, efficient, caring, and nurturing manner. This is an excellent opportunity to receive mentored supervision from experienced health professionals, work directly with both adults and youth in a front-line health-care setting, and build your resume and experience! Past Health Assistants at Starfish have said the role prepared them more for their future nursing and health careers than any other experience offered to them in-school or out.
Successful candidates demonstrate:
• Strong personal integrity, adaptability, emotional intelligence, enthusiasm, patience, and self-control
• Ability to understand, role model, and adhere to Starfish policies and procedures
• Use of the “Starfish Tools” as a foundation for professional development and interactions
• Willingness and ability to seek and accept supervision and guidance
• Embrace and accept differences in religion/ethnicity/culture/race/gender/sexual orientation and/or other diversities. Willingness and ability to treat all campers and staff fairly regardless of identity, background, and/or preferences
• Pass all background checks as required for seasonal employees of an organization working with vulnerable child populations
• Ability to work the entirety of the season, as stated in a letter of hire, including staff training dates
• Ability to drive a vehicle
• Prefer at least 19 years old with hands-on experience in a medical setting
This is a residential summer camp position with Summer 2020 employment dates: June 7th - August 15th. Live, work, and play with some truly amazing children.
For more information, please visit http://campstarfish.org/staff/apply-now.html and complete an online application.
All hiring decisions contingent on completed application, reference verification, and results of background checks