GOAL OF POSITION
To develop and disciple students, coordinate activities, and build community.
Program Leads report to the program director.
The Program Leads live with and oversee student activities and program. Their primary job is to assist students with their personal growth and progress. They do this by leading classes, facilitating discussions, planning and leading weekend recreational activities, and developing relationships with students in general. Good program leads are highly relational, adventurous, and responsible.
Program leads have four main areas of responsibility:
1. Program Facilitator
a. This responsibility varies from day-to-day. Some days you may lead farm chores, other days you may teach a class on writing a resume.
b. Includes farmers’ markets, manual labor, animal care, butchery, and facilitating conversations on books and DVD curriculum.
c. Help oversee meal prep and housekeeping duties for student living areas.
2. Small Group Leader
a. Hold a weekly small group meeting around the campfire.
b. Facilitate constructive conversation throughout the week.
c. Care for student needs as they arise.
3. Activity Coordinator
a. Coordinate weekend adventure, recreational, and community service outings.
b. Drive students to a variety of destinations all over the region.
c. Lead several overnight trips including camping and backpacking adventures.
a. Encourage students in their faith and their progress.
b. Model a lifestyle of responsibility and integrity.
c. Mediate conflict resolution.
Six days per week including all day Saturday and Sunday. One weekday off per week.
LENGTH OF COMMITMENT
9 months. Contact Rockside Ranch for current openings and dates.
The internship is paid and provides a $1000/mo stipend in addition to room and board.
- Child protection and abuse prevention
- Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University
- First Aid, CPR, and AED Certification
- Food Handler’s Certification
- Training in farming and animal care
- Inductive Bible study training
- All book and DVD curriculum that students receive
- All life skill, job readiness, home economics, health and nutrition classes that students attend
QUALIFICATIONS OR SPECIAL SKILLS
- Demonstrated personal faith in Jesus Christ
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Desire to live in a rustic farm setting and sacrifice normal personal amenities
- College degree preferred
- Experience in social work, counseling, or pastoral care preferred
- Experience farming or work in the trades preferred
- Experience in the backcountry preferred
BENEFITS TO THIS POSITION
In your role as the Program Lead, you will be challenged physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually beyond the limits you thought possible. The reward of seeing students overcome the odds and demonstrate true and lasting life change makes everything you sacrifice worth it. You will be present for the moments of extreme challenges and frustration. You will also be present for the mountain top experiences (sometimes literally) that occur when they do things that they never thought possible. By believing in them, you will help them believe in themselves. You will see God’s hand at work and grow in your own faith and walk with Jesus. The relationships you develop will continue long after graduation.
MORE INFORMATION To inquire about the Program Lead position at Rockside Ranch, email email@example.com or call 352-283-9805