Room, Board, Laundry Service and Travel Stipend Provided.
Dates: June 5 – August 15, 2020
Apply here: http://www.campstarfish.org/staff/apply-now.html
Whether you are looking to grow personally or develop marketable skills for the corporate or professional world, work at Camp Starfish will prepare you for almost anything! Internship programs are available for college credit in many different disciplines. In previous summers, staff with majors in Social Work, Recreation, Sports Science, Wilderness Leadership, Psychology, Education, Business Management and many other subjects were able to spend the summer having fun at camp while still working towards their degree!
In addition to receiving 140+ hours of training and 650+ hours of hands-on experience, if you join our team as an intern, you will automatically be placed in our Intern Seminar that meets weekly at camp. Our leadership staff and directors are committed to helping make sure you get the most out of your internship opportunity.
If you are planning to use your time at camp to gain internship credit, we strongly recommend that you speak with your advisor, etc. to determine the necessary steps to apply for credit at your particular institution. We will work with you and your school to make sure that the right forms are filled out, but as every school is different, we rely on you to guide the process. We also recommend you apply as early as possible to give both you and us enough time to get everything organized.
About this Job:
A Camp Starfish TIDES Advisor provides day-to-day guidance and mentorship to a small group of teens (Trainees) in the TIDES (Transitional Independence & Directed Experiential Summer) program. Responsibilities include ensuring Trainees create and follow their daily schedules, role modeling appropriate professional and social skills, assisting the TIDES Administrator in preparing and delivering curriculum content (subjects include nutrition, cooking, healthy lifestyle choices, professional working skills, money management, college life, and much more). You will do this while balancing a “hands off” approach with independent life skill guidance to ensure all Trainees are as self-sufficient as possible. All advisors live and work as part of the TIDES community. The community creates its own schedule, buys its own groceries, cooks preferred meals, operates a Farmers Market stall, and has a relaxed vibe to it. You’ll definitely get the traditional summer camp experience but will have far greater freedom and offsite adventures than your standard camp counselor. For example, each week the TIDES community chooses a number of offsite group activities which include going to an amusement park, a day at the mall, hiking a mountain, a trip to Boston, a nice dinner out, movie night, and many more.
For more on the TIDES Program at Camp Starfish: http://www.campstarfish.org/camps/tides.html
Successful candidates demonstrate:
• Strong personal integrity, adaptability, emotional intelligence, enthusiasm, patience, and self-control
• Able to make quick and safe decisions during offsite activities and positively represent Camp Starfish
• Ability to understand, role model, and adhere to Starfish policies and procedures
• Use of the “Starfish Tools” as a foundation for professional development and interactions
• Willingness and ability to seek and accept supervision and guidance
• Embrace and accept differences in religion/ethnicity/culture/race/gender/sexual orientation and/or other diversities. Willingness and ability to treat all campers and staff fairly regardless of identity, background, and/or preferences
• Pass all background checks as required for seasonal employees of an organization working with vulnerable child populations
• Ability to work the entirety of the season, as stated in a letter of hire, including staff training dates
• Must be 21 years of age or older
This is a residential summer camp position with Summer 2020 employment dates: June 5th - August 15th.
Live, work, and play with some truly amazing children.
For more information, please visit http://campstarfish.org/staff/apply-now.html and complete an online application.
All hiring decisions contingent on completed application, reference verification, and results of background checks.