The Vail Christian Church Summer Internship Program offers the opportunity for individuals who feel called to kids ministry or student ministry, to experience specific aspects of serving in a professional ministry position. Interns will serve directly under the pastoral leaders of their specified areas and assist in the planning, implementation, and administration of all facets of their area throughout the summer months. Because of Vail's unique year-round school calendar, our summer break consists of only six weeks, offering an opportunity to experience normal "school year" ministry.
Duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Teach large and small group lessons weekly.
• Administrative communication with volunteer staff.
• Model the love of Christ to the kids, youth and teaching staff, by praying for them, developing relationships, listening to their concerns, needs, joys and accomplishments.
• Manage volunteers, welcome and assist visitors in finding classrooms, small group meeting places and obtaining information during services.
• Assist in planning, developing and hosting various summer programs such as Family Summer Nights, Preschool Day Camp, Elementary Day Camp, Tween Sleep Away Camp, Middle School Sleep Away Camp and High School Sleep Away Camp.
Vail Christian Church was established in 2006 and held service every Sunday in a high school for ten years. In 2016 Vail was blessed to open its doors to a brand new facility. Attendance sits around 800 people, with 200 being kids and students. Community is a large focus of Vail Christian Church, so there will be a ton of opportunities to get to know church families and community members outside of Sunday mornings out in the community.
To apply for a summer internship position at Vail Christian Church, please go to vailchristian.ccbchurch.com/index.php.