Contact Name: James Johnson
Pay/Wage: 18k - 22k per year
Hours: 20 hrs. per week (part-time)
Start Date: When available
Full Job Description: https://crossroadsabc.com/inside/jobs/.
Crossroads Church is a thriving church on the north side of Denver, Colorado. We are a multi-site church with campuses in Northglenn, Thornton, and Ft. Lupton with a fun and energetic team that is passionate about our mission to serve people toward and connect people to Jesus. Those are not just words to us, but actual marching orders from Jesus to serve and love unchurched, consumer-minded suburbanites into active believers in Jesus and participants in God’s Kingdom work. Crossroads is a body of believers with a community-wide reputation of being a church that serves through collaboration with other churches, non-profits and government entities.
Within our multi-site model we enjoy the benefit of a global staff to oversee many of the logistical issues of quality ministry, and fully staffed campuses focused on engaging their community and spiritual growth of our people.
The Northglenn campus was the original church for Crossroads and currently has around 500 people in Sunday worship. We have a young, passionate staff and are eager to add the right person to our team to lead our forward movement into the lives of teenagers.
Blessings in seeking God’s fit for you!
Crossroads Northglenn Campus Pastor
Within the vision of Crossroads Church, provide enthusiastic, passionate, skilled, Jesus-centered leadership and oversight to the students and volunteers.
A self-starting, teachable, team leader with a pastoral heart to oversee all aspects of student ministry at Crossroads Church, Northglenn Campus.
Northglenn Campus Pastor – James Johnson
● Leadership Development – pursuing and equipping volunteers
● Oversee Sunday morning program, midweek programs, and seasonal special events
● Engage with students and parents and be a bridge for them to access the resources of Crossroads Church toward healthy connection to Jesus
● Participate and contribute with the Crossroads Family Ministries team toward building a purposeful program at Northglenn and across our Crossroads campus’
● Participate in Northglenn Staff meetings and in the collective building of healthy campus culture
● Growing personal faith and commitment to Jesus Christ with a healthy knowledge of Scripture and a Bible-based, Gospel-centered ministry
● Passion for working with students and families
● Able to recruit, train, lead and encourage volunteers
● Able to teach and communicate effectively to students and parents, both churched and un-churched.
● Able to delegate authority and responsibility to adult and student leaders
● Lifelong learner with a hunger for self-improvement
● Humble spirit, trustworthy and team player
● Strong time management skills
● Biblical training or formal education preferred
● Experience in youth ministry
● Basic computer skills and social media savvy must
● Availability. Though this is a part time position, we believe the right person will have the margin to be able to invest the required time to be successful in this role.
● Sunday mornings: 8am-1pm (5 hours)
● Monday nights (high school gathering) 6-9:30pm (3.5 hours)
● Wednesday nights (middle school gathering) 6-8:30pm (2.5 hours)
● Other responsibilities/flexible schedule. *this includes staff meetings, youth ministry core meeting (monthly), contact with leaders, students, parents, and program planning (9 hours)
This is a salary position based on 20 hours per week. Range – $18-22k based on experience. The most exciting aspect of this position is the culture of Crossroads Church and the environment you would work in within this position.
Crossroads Church overview:
● Vision: Crossroads’ mission is to serve people toward and connect them to Jesus. Within this, you will see that we truly strive as a church to spend energy cultivating trust with people through serving and, from that platform, can speak of the hope we hope to extend in Jesus. We focus energy on building trust and relational health in our communities as a first step in all that we do.
● One church/three campuses: Crossroads Church is one church that meets at three campuses; Northglenn, Thornton, and Ft. Lupton. Within this dynamic, we strive to fulfill one mission, but have freedom to implement that vision within our specific communities. What connects us is our mission and values and, within our Sunday gatherings, our teaching is live from Northglenn and transmitted to the other campuses. We pool resources between the churches, which allows Campus Staff tremendous support and resources to focus on implementation in their community. This really is an amazing model, and it’s working with great health for us!
● Community Presence: Within this church model, each campus is able to focus its primary energy toward their community, and specifically its schools, community activities, and the neighborhoods and vocations of our people. For the Northglenn Campus, Crossroads has been present in the community for nearly 60 years, with a significant presence for the past 30 of those years. In most conversations within the community people know about “the church on the corner of 104th and Huron.”
● Team Approach: As noted in our one church/three campuses model, we have a unique pool of resources to work with. In Family Ministries this is equally true. We have a Family Ministries Director and Student Ministries directors at all three campuses. With this, there is a unique team dynamic where the four people working together toward purposeful ministry and health. Much of the program at all three campuses follow the same format and each director is able to contribute flowing from their unique strengths, and commit energy toward campus implementation and development of their leaders and students. If you’re eager to grow in understanding and doing quality ministry, this team dynamic we have cultivating will give you an environment to grow and build an exciting ministry with support and wisdom alongside you in the process.
● Humility of Leadership: The leadership team of Crossroads functions with great humility and respect for one another and the way God has equipped His church for success. For a large organization there truly are no politics or strange dynamics to navigate. The church is in a unique season where our Senior Pastor (of 30 years) is purposefully in the process of passing the mantle to Matt Manning, our 39 year old Lead Pastor. The primary motivator for this is to simply position Crossroads to stay on the cutting edge of emerging culture and being a church that brings real people in contact with Jesus well into the future.
● Engagement of Real People: Baked into the above, Crossroads is committed to engaging real people and real life with the love of God. Is it messy? Of course, but we embrace that in our effort to help people find Jesus. This is evident in our methodology across the board, but it comes out loud and clear in our teaching series last spring titled “Ask Anything.” In this series we unashamedly addressed nearly every hot topic issue in modern culture with Biblical Truth, and applying grace and wisdom.
● Health: Bottom line, Crossroads is a uniquely healthy church and continues to make strategic choices to “stay in the game” of bringing real hope to people and not just playing religion on sidelines of culture. We are all learners at heart and growing in our own faith and approach to ministry as God’s plans unfold before us.
Crossroads Northglenn Specifics:
● Crossroads Northglenn is a church of about 500 adults in worship each week.
● We have three services on Sunday mornings (8am traditions service; 9:30 & 11am Contemporary services).
● We have 8 staff members dedicated to the care of the Northglenn body and community.
● Our current Student Ministries hosts a Sunday morning gathering, which feeds into midweek programs. Our high school partners with the Thornton Campus (Monday nights) and our middle school have their own program at Northglenn (Wednesday nights).
1. Fill out our online application form. You will have an opportunity to upload your resume within this process.
2. Send me, James, an email with a copy of your resume AND a link to a short introduction video of yourself. It doesn’t have to be super high quality but hopefully you can make us laugh! Shooting it in a public location will get you extra points! My email address is James.Johnson@crossroadsabc.com