COMPENSATION: $19,500 to $23,400 per year depending on experience
WORK SCHEDULE/HOURS: 25 hours per week; must be available to work on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Sundays
· Develops, plans, executes, and grows the middle and high school Youth ministries
· Plans, organizes, and teaches the confirmation program
· Visits and builds relationships with youth and their parents outside of church (at sporting events, school activities, performances, etc.)
· Plans, organizes, and participates with the youth group in mission and outreach projects.
· Works with pastors and other programming staff to develop and grow the Life Long Faith Formation ministries.
· Mobilizes our youth to serve in other areas in the church such as worship, mission, library, and church-wide events.
· Works with Youth Council to get the council to come on board to help the director with youth programs and missions.
· Organizes and participates in events that pertain to youth interest and to bring youth along to these events.
· Prays for our youth and their families, meet with them as needed on a one-on-one basis.
· Works alongside the Director of Children and Family Ministries to develop multigenerational programs, help with First Kids’ Club, and Children’s Sunday School
· Attend the weekly Staff Meeting at 9:30 on Tuesday mornings
· Encourage youth to attend our worship services and participate as Scripture readers at the Modern Worship Service
· Promote and participate in the Youth sponsored events of the Mountain Sky Conference
· Serves as the liaison between the church and youth organizations that meet at First Church such as the Scouts.
· Equips laity for ministry with the youth.
· Establishes and enforces Safe Sanctuary policies.
· Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· BS/BA in related field of study (Christian Education, Youth Ministries, Religious Studies, etc.) Professional certification in Youth Ministry in the United Methodist Church or an MA in Christian Education or Youth/Children Ministries is preferred.
· Minimum of three years’ experience in youth ministries in large or medium size churches.
· Loves children, youth and is passionate about the ministry.
· Demonstrates enthusiasm and energy when working with children, youth and their families.
· Relational person who enjoys building relationships with others.
· Technical skills in developing and maintaining the youth webpage and social media platforms.
· Proficient in computer programs for documentation, graphics, and publication.
· Open to coaching and learning.
1005 Stover Street • Fort Collins, CO 80524 • 970-482-2436 • www.fcfumc.net