First Pres located in the heart of downtown Colorado Springs, is a church with a 3,100-member, 5-generation congregation that is growing in the Lord. Colorado Springs is home to the fastest growing millennial population in the United States according to the Brookings Institution’s Metropolitan Policy Program, is ranked #1 on U.S. News and World Report’s 2018 Best Places to Live survey (July 2018) and boasts the most beautiful coffee shop in the state of Colorado by Architectural Digest Magazine. The harvest is plenty!
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic and winsome worker in the fields of God who spends most of their time and energy shaping strategies that create environments for kids between the ages of 3 and 11 years to meet their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
You must Think Orange! Our ministry to children and youth is based on the idea that the impact of faith is greatest when church and home are in partnership together to disciple young people. At First Pres, Orange is implemented throughout our Family Ministry and we are looking for someone excited about the Orange strategy.
Are you ready to get to work? Responsibilities of this position include: ministering to kids and their families; recruiting and equipping volunteers; shaping Orange into the First Pres environment to create events and programs that engage kids; VBS and camps; and, other program ideas yet to be created! If you are energetic, organized and mission-driven to help kids and their parents grow in Christ, send in your application today!
Position Purpose: The Director of Children’s Ministry creates an environment for Ministry that is biblically-centered, energetic and responsive to the needs of kids and their families. This position leads ministry planning and implementation to children aged nursery – 11 years of age within the Family Ministry of First Pres. The yearly ministry schedule includes: Camps, VBS, weekly Sunday activities, Wednesday night programming, interfacing with Children’s Music, Preschool and Nursery staff, and programming and providing children’s support when needed to parent programming. This position as the key catalyst of ministry to children, is primarily responsible for ensuring Biblical teaching, equipped volunteers and excited kids. Responsibilities include recruiting volunteers, creating a safe environment for children, providing curriculum, creating programming and events for kids and ensuring that all kids at First Pres meet and know their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and grow in elementary foundations of faith.
· Committed Follower of Jesus Christ; professes Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
· Holds beliefs that are consistent with those of First Presbyterian Church.
· Demonstrates ongoing, prayerful and personal relationship with Jesus Christ
· Bachelor degree from an accredited institution in Bible studies, early childhood, elementary education, education management, or related area required
· Some Seminary or Bible studies coursework (if not main focus in undergraduate degree) desired
· Minimum of three years in Children’s ministry required
· Previous experience with Orange.
· Event planning for programs such as VBS, Camps, Sunday School or Wednesday night programming required
· Experience with child safety processes including but not limited to medical, security, background checks, etc.
· Demonstrated leadership of teams including teachers, staff, volunteers and parents required.
· Demonstrated experience leading and managing a staff team
· Demonstrated ability to use social media, digital media, print and database systems to provide up-to-date ministry contact, tracking of families and volunteers and creating metrics that indicate success
· Winsome approach that demonstrates ability to connect with children and adults in meaningful ways that creates trust and demonstrates passion for faith development in children and their families
· Demonstrates passion for Christ and the Bible and is able to talk openly about one’s faith journey and express Biblical truths in both one-on-one conversations to up front in large group settings and everything in between
· High energy and creativity
· Ability to innovate new programming and ministry activity
· Ability to lead, equip, coach and inspire high-caliber volunteers and staff
· Works well in a high energy environment with multiple stakeholders
· Love for kids and families
· Bachelor's degree in Bible Studies, early childhood or elementary education or related areas
· Formal biblical studies or seminary education desired
· Familiarity with Orange
This position is part of our Family Ministry team led by Pastor of Family Ministry, Tom Pipkin, and includes all First Pres ministry from diapers to degrees!
Full-time position with competitive salary, benefits, leave and retirement planning