First Pres located in the heart of downtown Colorado Springs, is a church with a 3,100-member, 5-generation congregation that is growing in the Lord. Colorado Springs is home to the fastest growing millennial population in the United States according to the Brookings Institution’s Metropolitan Policy Program, is ranked #1 on U.S. News and World Report’s 2018 Best Places to Live survey (July 2018) and boasts the most beautiful coffee shop in the state of Colorado by Architectural Digest Magazine.
First Pres’ goal is to be a top provider in Colorado Springs of faith-based early childhood programming and services.
The Director of Early Childhood Programs & Preschools position provides overall leadership and strategic direction for the First Pres Preschool, the Get Set Program, Parents Morning Out, weekday licensed Nursery services, and any related summer programming and activities associated with early childhood services.
The First Pres early childhood programming will create a faith-based, loving and rich development environment for young children and their families. The Director achieves this through creating a welcoming and loving atmosphere; a tradition of excellence; great teacher and staff training; attention to safety standards, state regulations and licensing requirements; and recognition that the First Pres early childhood programs serve the whole family. Specifically, the Director oversees the development and implementation of standardized curriculum; supervising and setting standards and training of teachers, aides and caregivers; overseeing finances and budgets; complying with state childcare regulations; and ensuring that First Pres is a safe, healthy and loving environment that reflects Christian values and beliefs.
The Director also coordinates with First Pres Family Ministries to provide connection for families with young children, as well as to ensure that early childhood programming and services reflect the vision and strategic priorities of the First Pres Family Ministries and First Pres as a whole.
· Committed Follower of Jesus Christ; professes Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
· Holds beliefs consistent with those of First Presbyterian Church, ECO and Reformed Faith
· Active member and participant in a Christian Church Community
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required with emphasis in early childhood education, development or related field.
· Preschool Director’s Certification and fulfillment of requirements outlined in State Licensing Rule Book.
· Director Certificate from the State of Colorado
· Current physical
· Continuing education (as required by the Colorado Department of Human Services)
· Maintain Colorado State Child Care license
· First Aid and CPR certification as required
· Computer Proficiency: Word, Outlook and Excel; and ability to learn new programs focused on registration, room management and community outreach
· Excellent organizational skills
· Passion for raising young children in the faith
· Ability to manage competing priorities in a resource-constrained environment
· Excellent communications skills with ability to maintain great and productive relationships with parents, teachers and First Pres Staff
· Minimum of three years as Director of a Preschool
· Proven ability to strategize and implement ministry in a preschool or educational environment
· Proven ability to lead an organization through program change and focus
· Proven ability to work collaboratively in a complex environment
· High energy and creativity
· Ability to lead, equip and coach
· Minimum of three years in the classroom as an early childhood educator
· Proven ability to act with composure and lead in a crisis
· Proven ability to connect with young children and their families in meaningful ways to create trust and passion for faith development
· Demonstrates passion for Christ and the Bible
· Ability to talk openly about one’s faith journey and express Biblical truths in both one-on-one conversations and in group settings
· High energy and creativity
· Ability to innovate new programming and ministry activity
· Ability to lead, equip, coach and inspire volunteers and staff
· Works well in a high energy environment with multiple stakeholders
· Love for kids and families
This position is part of our Family Ministry team led by Pastor of Family Ministry, Tom Pipkin,
Full-time position with competitive salary, benefits, leave and retirement planning