Reports To: Amy Palma, Kids Ministry Pastor
Position Status: Part-Time
South Fellowship Church
Kids Ministry Pastor
The role of the Kids Ministry Resident is to support the Kids Ministry Pastor and to help create and maintain an engaging and thriving Kids Ministry program as it pertains to the vision, mission and strategy of all environments specific to South Fellowship Kids Ministries.
COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS
· Fully embraces the mission, vision and values of South Fellowship Church.
· Be reliable, take initiative and be self-motivated.
· Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity.
· Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
· Have a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers and volunteers.
· Embrace and utilize technology in a changing environment to serve the safety and growth of the
children at South Fellowship.
· Help recruit and oversee all kids ministry volunteers providing leadership, training, and appreciation.
· Teaching a kids class or large group regularly to gain feedback and training from Kids Pastor.
· Setting up classrooms on a regular basis
· Helping oversee childcare for all-church events and special events as directed.
· Meets regularly with the Kids Ministry Pastor to discuss ministry strategy and effectiveness.
· Attend monthly staff meetings as well as Kids Ministry Team Meetings
· Support Kids Ministry Pastor in all other duties assigned to you.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, SPIRITUAL GIFTS:
· Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
· A passion for kids ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
· Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
· Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to children and their families and a passion to see
families grow in their faith together.
· Ability to reach out and connect with families involved with South Fellowship’s Kids Ministry.
· Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word, Publisher), and the capacity to learn new software (Photoshop, Planning Center, ETC).
All employees of South Fellowship Church are at-will, and as such, are free to resign any time without reason. South Fellowship Church likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee’s employment at any time with or without reason or notice.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other document provided to the employee is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Any salary figures provided to an employee in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons that are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of South Fellowship Church has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will. Only the Senior Pastor of South Fellowship Church has the authority to make any such agreement and then only in writing.