Contact Name: Brant Epperhart
Contact Phone Number: (303) 9566998
Pay/Wage: volunteer to paid
Position Summary – The general purpose of the Student Ministry Leader role is to provide pastoral leadership to the students of Legacy Chapel. This role will ensure the student ministry of Legacy Chapel is organized and proactively engaging the students of the church and greater community. The Student Ministry Leader is responsible to the Lead Pastors and assigned the Primary Objectives of ministry targeted at students in Weekly Worship Services, Discipleship Teams, and Outings & Events.
1. Weekly Worship Services – Through team leadership provide relevant and impactful weekly worship service for the students in 6th Grade to 12th Grade. Intentionally engage the students of the area middle school and high schools and build relationships and inroads to the natural gatherings and hangouts of those students to evangelize the Gospel and grow the student ministry of Legacy Chapel.
2. Discipleship Teams – Through team leadership be strategic and intentional to disciple those God has sent to the ministry. Design and organize gatherings for students to go deeper in their faith using Bible studies, worship and prayer Meetings, and discipleship classes. Challenge students to greater expressions of the Gospel by serving their friends and dedicating their everyday life to the ministry of the Gospel.
3. Outings & Events – Through team leadership organize, design, implement and evaluate community outreaches, bi-annual retreats, summer camp, and regular fun gatherings that inspire students to a relationship with Jesus Christ and equip them to become disciple makers.
• Passionate follower of Jesus Christ with an obvious pursuit for Kingdom purpose.
• Experience in Bible teaching or preaching to students from 6th to 12th grade.
• Proficient interpersonal skill to build authentic relationships with students and their parents.
• Excellent verbal and written communication that builds trust and confidence.
• Organizational and administrative skill to lead a team of passionate student leaders.
• A track record of being relationally mature and proficient to navigate different relationships both inside and outside the local church context.
The outline below is meant to be a general list of responsibilities and is not meant to be an exhaustive list but it is provided to give an general summary. Additional duties or responsibilities will be directed by the Lead Pastor.
• Primary teacher/preacher at the weekly student worship services
• Provide ministry vision and accountability for a growing and transformational student ministry
• Ensure pastoral care and attention to student within the church body as well as in the community.
• Plan and organize the weekly worship one month in advance and plan and organize outings and events a minimum of three months in advance.
• Serve on the church staff and leadership teams by attending all meetings, trainings, and fun nights.
• Provide support, leadership, and prep work for all adult worship services or meetings.
• Execute special projects assigned by Lead Pastors.
Standard Week: 20 hours per week.
• 3 hours – prep for weekly worship service – meetings, phone calls, texts with ministry team or students
• 4 hours – Weekly Worship Service for Students – mid week service o 5pm to 6pm – final prep work o 6pm to 7:30pm – Worship Service o 7:30pm to 9:00pm – hangout and relationship building.
• 6 hours – meeting with students – at school events or hangout times.
• 3 hours - Prep and Support of Sunday Services or upcoming weeks ministry events or activities
• 4 hours – Sunday Worship Service – 8:30am to 12:30pm.
Who is Legacy Chapel?
Legacy Chapel is a catalyst for cultural and spiritual transformation in Denver, Colorado where “Loving God, Loving People, and Serving our World" will become the new culture of our city.
Sounds crazy we know, but with God, “all things are possible”! Our Vision statement of “Loving God, Loving People, and Serving our World” is the essence of our mission and we believe is THE primary assignment (love) for every believer. We will accomplish our Vision by remaining laser focused on the same mission God gave to the New Testament church over two thousand years ago - to love God and to love others!
Legacy Chapel is an active and participating community of faith encouraging each member to discover and then serve their God-given gifts to their mission field of our city. The Kingdom of God can be advanced in Denver, Colorado by touching all sectors of our society. We truly believe that the local church is the hope of the world and loving Christians are the instrument God has chosen to bring about cultural transformation.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a devoted follower of Jesus Christ who is passionate to see the Kingdom of God advanced through the lives of students 6th grade to 12th grade. The ideal candidate would be a combination of your high school teacher, your favorite Uncle, and the youth pastor you wish you always had. We are seeking someone who is willing to personally, professionally, and spiritually grow and mature through diligent and faithful work. This person must be personable and kind to others as well as demonstrate strong work ethic to advance the Gospel and mission of Legacy Chapel.
It must be clearly understood this is a volunteer position. All of the staff of Legacy Chapel have an outside job while serving fervently and faithfully. We believe the best candidate would be an ambitious person who is passionate about God and His Kingdom and the can envision themselves serving and growing with Legacy Chapel!