Sheridan KidsLife is seeking a Program Director to join this growing Christian youth ministry, using their organization and planning skills plus a passion for youth to build and oversee new programs at the Klubhaus, Sheridan’s new youth community center.
This position is part of a team responsible for providing a quality experience to children and parents in all aspects of programming. The Program Director will provide direction for program staff, the Klubhaus after-school OpenHaus and HangTime programs, and implement program curriculum.
The right person for this role will be passionate about building relationships with youth, able to thrive while participating in and overseeing multiple program areas, and be creative and professional.
This position reports to the Executive Director. This is a salaried position with compensation DOE. To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
GENERAL PREREQUISITES OF THE JOB:
Due to the nature of the job as set forth by the Christian organization of Sheridan Kids Life, specifically the belief that each and every employee and volunteer of the corporation should evangelize and disciple as a servant of God, applicants must subscribe to the sworn Statement of Faith as follows:
• We believe in the verbal, plenary inspiration of the Bible, and that it is the supreme and final authority for faith and life.
• We believe in the unity and trinity of the Godhead: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. These three persons are one God, having precisely the same nature, attributes and perfections.
• We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, our sole Mediator; we believe further in His eternal existence as God, His incarnation and virgin birth, His sinless life, His death on the cross as the substitutionary atonement for sin, His literal, bodily resurrection from the dead, His present ministry of intercession in heaven, and His personal, future return to earth.
• We believe in the Holy Spirit, His personality and His activity in regeneration, sanctification and preservation.
• We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned in Adam, and that he is now a sinner by nature and by choice.
• We believe in salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, apart from human merit, works or ceremonies.
• We believe that the church is a spiritual body of which Christ is the Head and that there is a twofold aspect to the church, the universal and the local.
• We believe in the resurrection of the human body; the eternal existence of all men either in heaven or hell; in divine judgments, rewards and punishments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Program Director is expected to fulfill the following functions:
Programming - (includes clubs, contact work with youth, after-school OpenHaus & HangTime, and all other events)
• Actively engages in all levels of contact work with youth, parents, volunteers, and staff. • Leads a team to implement a summer and school year program within the Klubhaus that is relevant to the community that we are serving.
• Implements and oversees curriculum within the established guidelines.
• Supervises all activities in a safe environment.
• Makes ongoing observations and contributions to all KidsLife programs.
• Maintains positive relationships and effective communication with parents. • Works with Executive Director and Ministry Directory to manage Sheridan Kids Life events, program activities, staff meetings and staff training.
Youth & Team Development - (includes one to few relationships with youth, volunteers, and junior staff)
• Provides coaching and evaluation of junior staff members. Provides clear, prompt, appropriate and professional communication to everyone involved in ministry.
• Meet with your volunteer leaders on a regular basis.
• Recruits and trains new leaders and volunteers to build teams within each program area.
• Models excellence in contact work, club, and when interfacing to other community members.
• Oversees the training of leaders, team leaders and committee how to work effectively in teams and develop a yearly strategy.
• Alongside team members, the Program Director develops a yearly strategic plan and initiatives to reach every kid; reviewing them on a regular basis.
Resource Development- (includes donor and community relations)
• Aids in annual fundraising events vital to Sheridan Kids Life.
• Networks and helps develop strategic relationships with key community advisors including: principals, pastors, parents, and potential volunteers.
• Manages Program Budget alongside the Executive Director.
Organizational Support- (includes administration, accounting, internal meetings)
• Coordinates and manages schedules for program staff.
• Aids in the recruitment of new staff.
• Oversees accurate attendance in programs and small groups.
• Facilitates weekly meetings with program staff.
• Designs and implements program curriculum and activity plans.
• Oversees the appearance and maintenance of the Klubhaus.
• Maintains required program records.
• Ensures the Child Protection Plan is being adhered to at all levels
• Ensures that the appropriate insurance and approval when performing an activity outside the normal scope of job duties (i.e. day trip or the occasionally overnight) Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• At least 21 years of age.
• CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse Prevention trainings within 2 months of hire date.
• Previous experience working with children.
• Previous experience with religious education helpful.
• Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
• Previous experience with diverse populations.
• Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
• Ability to plan, lead and participate in activities.
• Experience in direct ministry and /or youth services.
• Proven relational skills with both kids and adults.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Sheridan Kids Life values and mission. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work, and actively participates in meetings.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skill required to perform well. Uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Work Conditions: We work with youth, so we work weird days and hours doing anything from paintball to dodgeball.
Executive Director, Sheridan KidsLife