Objective: Develops and oversees the entirety of Grace Chapel’s student ministries (GCYouth), for grades 6 through 12. Working together with volunteers and staff, assumes primary ministry leadership responsibility for middle and high school students in support of our overall mission to lead people to find and follow Jesus. Invests in students and their families with relevant biblical teaching, care, and resources promoting spiritual growth and an increasing love for Jesus and others.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Member of: Ministry Team
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops vision and direction for Grace Chapel’s Middle and High School Youth Ministries.
Prayerfully and biblically inspires a shared vision for Grace Chapel student ministries.
Recruits, engages, mobilizes and equips student ministry volunteer leaders and parents to effectively support teens in their spiritual growth.
• Establishes intentional connections with students leading to spiritual growth.
Creates and facilitates the recurring teaching environments comprised of effective and culturally relevant Bible teaching, preferably with a majority of expository teaching.
Helps to facilitate a healthy small group ministry where deeper life application, accountability and Jesus-centered community can thrive.
Identifies, develops and equips volunteer leaders to invest in the lives of students.
Works with volunteers and staff to ensures every student is welcomed, valued and loved while participating in GCYouth ministries. Creates systems leading toward every student becoming “known” and feeling connected and engaged in the ministry.
Plans events, retreats, mission trips, and other opportunities for students to connect with the Lord, each other, and God’s great commission on earth. o Disciples students through external connection points and practical service opportunities.
• Equips parents to be the primary disciplers of their children
Collaborates with the Family Pastor and the Kid’s Pastor to create pathways for parents to grow in the evangelizing and discipleship of their children, supported by the GCYouth ministry.
Create resources and communication that helps the parents (1) know what is being taught to their youth and (2) equips them to further the teaching at home.
• Works together with GC Staff in leading people to find and follow Jesus.
Collaborates with GC Staff in promoting the spiritual and emotional well-being of the family.
Creates youth-focused spiritual development pathways leading toward spiritual growth.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure safety and functionality of the youth facility.
• Collaborates with the Young Adults Pastor to facilitate a college group in the summer, and college events during the school calendar year.
• Document and maintain annual processes necessary for ministry success.
• Execute excellent ministry as a Pastor of Grace Chapel by biblically counseling, preaching, and being involved in the essentials of discipleship, such as leading people to salvation, baptizing, serving communion, and willing to performing weddings and memorials if needed.
Stewardship of Mission: Understand and support the vision and mission of the church. Pursue personal spiritual and leadership growth through enrichment opportunities. Establish/maintain good team relationships. Effectively utilize the Lord’s resources for maximum ministry impact while minimizing expenses. Create an environment of loving Christian care.
Minimum Qualifications: Undergraduate degree with an emphasis in Biblical Studies. Three years of progressive experience in Student Ministry. Demonstrated ability to engage and lead adult volunteers. Ability to develop and manage a ministry budget. Proven experience in biblical teaching and promoting spiritual growth in others.
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Alex Zakroff – Church Operations
8505 S Valley Hwy.
Englewood, CO 80112
303-799-4900 ext 52