Vision: To make disciples and change the world.
Our strategy for making disciples is simple. We provide followers of Jesus with opportunities to:
CONNECT with God and love Him with all their heart, soul, mind and strength;
GROW together with others in the character of Jesus;
SERVE others in the name of Jesus without expecting anything in return;
SHARE with others the good news of Jesus.
To oversee the Children and Student Ministries (ages 0-18) of First Southern Baptist Church. The purpose of this position is to align, engage and empower the Family Ministry at large, and more specifically, its students, parents, staff and volunteers. This person will have oversight of these ministries, with responsibility to recruit, equip, shepherd and maintain all staff and volunteer teams. This individual must be an effective builder of ministries, a developer of leaders, and an influencer with gifted communication abilities.
The candidate will have experience serving as a strong leader of ministry teams. They will have had the responsibility of providing vision for volunteers and developing a vibrant, creative and attractive ministry that is equally focused on evangelism and discipleship.
• A mature relationship with Jesus as Savior and Lord.
• A person of prayer.
• Strong relationship skills.
• Someone who likes to laugh and enjoy their job.
• A healthy balance of work and rest in their life.
• A learner.
• A person of integrity who has a good reputation with those inside and outside the church.
• In agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message (2000) of the Southern Baptist Convention.
• Working on/or have completed a bachelor’s degree.
• Strong abilities and experience in equipping leaders and working with teams.
• Ability to connect relationally with parents and children.
• Excellent teaching ability and communication skills.
• Ability to work closely with other staff and leaders to accomplish objectives.
• Proven ability to develop and implement strategy.
• A willingness and ability to pioneer new things and inspire others to new initiatives.
• 1–3 years’ experience in Student or Children’s ministry preferred.
• To help build a discipling culture among Children, Students, Parents and Leaders.
• Recruit and equip a team of volunteers in Student and Children’s Ministries that leads to sustainability in those ministry areas.
• Create safe and engaging environments for Children and Students that encourage growth in spiritual maturity.
• Equip and Encourage parents in their role as primary disciplers of their children.
• Coordinate all nursery, preschool and children’s policies and safety procedures utilizing effective technology for check-in, security, recruiting and training.
• Help integrate Students and Children into the larger church community.
• Be involved in the community, building relationships with those who don’t know Christ. • Be in the schools.
• Brand the ministries and market that brand on all forms of media and social media.
• Help provide opportunities for ministry in our community and beyond.
• Choose curriculum that will build a cohesive ministry between Children and Students.
• Other duties assigned by the Lead Pastor.
Hours: 20 hours per week
Salary: $15,600 per year
Qualified candidates can apply via email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title as the subject line.