Position Purpose: The Manager of the Life & Safety Ministry at First Pres recruits, trains, encourages and manages volunteers involved in our Life Safety Ministry. This position is critical to creating a safe and observant environment for Worship and other large events at First Pres. This position is responsible for working with First Pres contract security, ensuring an onsite presence of volunteers trained to assist in issues of safety, ministry to homeless, and other individuals who may pose a threat to the First Pres environment.
This position works in partnership with our Pastor of Discipleship and in particular leaders of First Pres ministry (staff and lay leaders) who are helpful in maintaining this ministry presence in our community. This position also works in relationship with downtown leaders active in ministering and providing services to our homeless community in order to maintain understanding and knowledge of individuals who are in need.
· Active member and participant in a Christian Church Community
· Holds beliefs that do not conflict with those of First Presbyterian Church and the ECO Denomination
High School diploma required; college degree desired
· Minimum 5-years working in an environment as a leader of individuals, adept at building collegiality
· Ability to step into a position of strong directive leadership as needed in the event of emergency
· Experience in coordinating inside and outside groups to plan and execute plans and programs
· Experience implementing critical real-time problem solving skills
· Strong attention to detail including the ability to lay out priority and write plans that direct response behavior when needed
· Ability to engage in ministry development with team members resulting in teams focused in ministry and clear in their mission
· Capable user of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Ability to present to large groups in a clear and winsome manner
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-stakeholder environment needed
· Ability to work within a team-based environment needed
· Winsome and creative skills to nurture volunteers in a multi-stakeholder environment
· Attention to detail a must
· Ability to lead and execute rapid response to external threats when needed
This position typically works Sundays, other large event days and other days as needed and directed by the Director of Facilities.