PURPOSE: Represent and conduct the ministry of Spring Canyon in accordance with the OCF and Spring Canyon Strategy through reservations, guest services, and running the gift shop, or as directed by the Center Director or his designated representative. Serve as a member of the Spring Canyon ministry team, with a focus on providing spiritual refreshment and blessing to every guest. Assist in conducting programs and activities at Spring Canyon that draw guests closer to Jesus Christ and make an impact on the way they live for Him. Help ensure that Spring Canyon is a place where members and guests of OCF are emboldened in their faith and walk, equipped to live out their faith and run their race, encouraged along the entire course of their race, and engaged in their calling as they live out their lives. Ensure maximum appropriate utilization of the conference center.
SUPERVISOR: Front Office Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES: Key responsibilities of this position are as follows:
· Live faithfully as a disciple of Jesus Christ and in obedience to God’s Word. Subscribe to the OCF Statement of Faith and Participation, and Biblical Guidelines for Member and Leader Conduct without reservation. Be an active OCF member.
· Team--Contribute to the success of Spring Canyon by being an integral part of the ministry team and by supporting the Center Director to create a God-honoring environment where people encounter Christ and are encouraged in their walk. Contribute to the fullness of the “heartbeat” of Spring Canyon and encourage God-loving relationships with every staff and family member at Spring Canyon.
o Help set a Christ-honoring spiritual tone for the conference center.
· Support all seven of Spring Canyon's ministry activities (Summer Celebration, RMH, FTA, Climb Together—Parent Youth Adventure, Winter Sports Retreat, non-Summer/off-season groups, and private bookings) with guest services actions.
o Encourage guests and staff to find spiritual and physical refreshment, grow in Christ’s likeness, experience fellowship with the larger family of God, and become equipped for service, witness, and leadership in their military calling.
Provide an excellent reservation experience for guests--measured by feedback on guest evaluations and comments by guest.
· Encourage guests and staff to find spiritual and physical refreshment, grow in Christ’s likeness, experience fellowship with the larger family of God, and become equipped for service, witness, and leadership in their military calling.
· For Summer Celebration, Winter Sports Retreat, and other designated events, create events on UltraCamp (UC): complete actions like tracking reservations, preparing welcome packets, assigning lodging, tracking reports on UC (roster, food allergies, lodging comments, any special needs, etc.), meal counts, invoicing, etc.; work with speaker and Guest Ambassador per their needs
· For non-summer facility and group reservations create required UltraCamp events and complete actions like tracking reservations, contracting, collecting deposits, setting price in consultation with Director, obtaining group schedule, and facility requirements
· When a contract is required ensure that it is sent to the POC in a timely manner and signed within 1 week of sending to POC and deposit is collected
· Keep electronic master calendar of all Spring Canyon bookings up-to-date on a real-time basis
· Track critical information on guests/groups in UltraCamp to ensure awareness for all staff
You are at the forefront of customer service and are likely the first staff member to greet guests as they arrive
· Provide courteous and professional service to guests who are checking into or out of Spring Canyon, and offer assistance to guests as needed during their stay
· Provide guests with above-and-beyond service to ensure their experience will be worth remembering
· Ensures that guests are happy from the moment they step into Spring Canyon until they leave. As required provide follow-up after the guests are long gone
· Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day
· Answer telephone calls from guests seeking to make or cancel reservations.
· Greet arriving guests, assign rooms, and ascertain guest payment and billing information.
· Answer guest requests for assistance and coordinate with housekeeping and management to fulfill guest requests
· Graciously deal with irate guests and find ways to resolve issues to the guest's satisfaction.
· Serve as a concierge--fluent knowledge of local restaurants, special events, city attractions, and guest amenities.
· Assist in activities of housekeeping to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive lodges, chalets, cabins, and rooms at Spring Canyon
· Ensure all designated buildings meet camp standards for cleanliness and readiness for guests
· Coordinate readiness of cabins with Guest Services
· Ensure all dirty laundry is picked up from guest rooms, and then laundered and folded
· Ensure all clean linen baskets are ready to go to designated buildings
· Ensure cleanliness of laundry room and area
· Assist in linens inventory in laundry room and conference center at least annually
· Coordinate with the Head of Housekeeping on interior decorations and linens of rooms, cabins and lodges as required to maintain the decorative theme
· Check lodges and cabins for housekeeping supplies and restock as needed
· Assist in deep cleaning of designated buildings on camp
· Perform light maintenance tasks (e.g., changing light bulbs, etc.)
· Coordinate with the Housekeeping Manager maintenance requirements (i.e. placement of Cab Fresh pouches, bug bombing, major repairs, etc.)
· Coordinate or clean a “terminal room” of a sick guest
· View your service at Spring Canyon as a ministry calling rather than just a job. Be totally invested in the purpose and vision of OCF and Spring Canyon, and serve with a whole heart (1 Sam 12:24 and Col 3:23-24).
· Any other duties the Conference Center Director or his designated representative may assign (e.g., housekeeping, kitchen and dining room crew, snow removal, teaching, etc.).
WORKING CONDITIONS: Serves at Spring Canyon Christian Retreat and Conference Center and resides in the vicinity of Buena Vista, CO. This is a regular, part-time (benefits ineligible) position and is not eligible for group insurance benefits, paid personal days or leave time, or paid holidays. Due to the nature of Conference Center ministry this position will be required to work irregular hours in order to meet guest needs. Occasional out-of-town and some local travel is required.
The Guest Services/Front Office Representative accomplishes the gamut of all guest services, reservations, and Front Office activities. These include providing courteous and professional service to guests who are checking into or out of Spring Canyon, and offering assistance to guests as needed during their stay. Be a critical team member in our Front Office and reception area to ensure effective telephone and email communications both internally and externally. Employee will complete actions like tracking reservations, preparing welcome packets, assigning lodging, meal counts, invoicing, etc. For non-summer facility and group reservations create required reservation system events and complete actions like tracking reservations, contracting, collecting deposits, obtaining group schedules, and facility requirements. This job requires serving on weekends and holidays, since this is when we serve many of our guests at the Conference Center. In addition, the employee will regularly work conference center operations (housekeeping, laundry, washing dishes, and setting tables) for approximately 3 days/week, with the remainder of the week spent on guest services.
Spring Canyon is a retreat and conference center in Buena Vista, CO, about 120 miles west of Colorado Springs. Since 1962, Spring Canyon has served military families, couples, singles, and Christian groups from across the world as a “home away from home” for community and fellowship. It is nestled in the beautiful Collegiate Peaks on the edge of the famous Arkansas River Valley, and is a Christ-centered sanctuary for military families, groups and individuals where the presence of God transforms lives. When guests drive down from the mountain after a retreat, our desire is that they are refreshed, equipped, and inspired to serve in the name of Jesus Christ wherever God has called them.
What are we looking for? 1. That a clear sense of God's calling to this specific and sacrificial work will become manifest through the hiring process. A demonstrated strong and growing Christian faith and desire to be part of the Spring Canyon ministry effort. A passion to sacrificially serve with a whole heart (possibly at all hours of the day) to guests through guest services, housekeeping tasks, cleaning dishes, and setting tables.
2. Ideally, but not essentially, someone who has grown up in the military, or transitioned from military service, with a strong and current professional and spiritual reputation.
3. Ideally, but not essentially, someone with a history in OCF and Spring Canyon or Christian camping/conference center ministry experience and leadership.
4. View service at Spring Canyon as a ministry calling rather than just a job. Be totally invested in the vision and mission of OCF and Spring Canyon, and serve with a whole heart (1 Sam 12:24 and Col 3:23-24).
5. Available soonest, but NLT 1 Mar 19; ability to work for ministry-level compensation.
6. Conference center housing is available. If provided, it would be a one-room single-efficiency apartment. Single employees might share an apartment with a roommate.
7. A reasonable expectation that the applicant will serve for at least 1-3 years.
If you are interested in this opportunity, contact Mr. Kim Hawthorne (firstname.lastname@example.org, 719-659-3275) for further information and an application. Completed applications must be received NLT 18 November 2018.