The Office Assistant will perform a variety of tasks depending on project deadlines in the office. This will include answering phones and other administrative tasks as assigned by the Latina SafeHouse (LSH) Executive Director. This position helps to extend the resources in the organization to better assist and direct the needs of our clients.
• Answering phones
• Data entry
• Maintenance of office space
• Other duties specifically around coordination of special events, or as assigned
Training Requirements (To be provided)
• Attends general volunteer orientation
• Completes office orientation which includes training on the following items:
Business processes and systems
• Thiry (30) hours of domestic violence advocate training, minimum
• Must present a professional appearance and a friendly manner
• Must be dependable and punctual
• Be courteous and personable when dealing with the public
• Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented
• Respect and maintain confidentiality of LSH volunteers, partners, and donors
• Must pass a criminal background check.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
• 9a-12p or 1p-4p; 2 times per week, Monday-Friday
Michael Mayfield at email@example.com
Angie Casena at firstname.lastname@example.org
General and Miscellaneous Office Clerks and Administrative Support Workers
The mission of Latina SafeHouse is to provide bilingual and culturally sensitive services to survivors of domestic violence.
LSH services include case management, advocacy, and community navigation through three main avenues- La Fuerza de la Mujer (The Strength of a Woman), Comadres Unidas (Friends United), and Somos (We Are).