Description: The Zera House Mom will be responsible for overseeing the daily activities of our residents as they go through their healing journey. In conjunction with the rest of the ZH staff, they will ensure each woman is supported and guided with biblically sound teaching and that our ladies feel safe, secure, and loved.
Who We Are: Zera House is a Christ-centered, nonprofit organization that is dedicated to establishing safe homes throughout the U.S. for women who have been victims of sex trafficking and/or sexual exploitation. We are scheduled to open the doors of our first home in October 2018 in McDowell County, West Virginia. In this home, and all future homes, we will provide survivors with wrap around services (medical care, psychological care, biblical teaching, job training, continued education, etc.). Our home is a long-term treatment facility, designed on Biblical principles, with the desire to rebuild women’s lives to mental, physical, and spiritual wholeness, equipping them to re-enter society as productive citizens.
House Mom Responsibilities:
The House Mom is responsible for the following:
- Observe each resident on a daily basis. Intervene for each woman through prayer and commit to advocate for her needs.
- Ensure that residents follow all resident guidelines as outlined in the Resident Manual.
- Work to build rapport and foster positive relationships with residents and staff.
- Oversee and manage daily activities.
- Provide transportation for residents when applicable.
- Participate in, and delegate, responsibilities to maintain the cleanliness of the Zera House and the proper care of the Zera House gardens.
- Speak the truth with love when Biblical correction is needed.
- Maintain the safety and security of Zera House residents. Always stay up-to-date on safety procedures.
- Attend all mandatory employee training and staff meetings.
- Be discreet regarding the Zera House location and identity of all residents.
- Maintain a strong, personal relationship with Christ. Be in the Word and in conversation with the Father regularly.
- Will be required to be on shift for 5 days, then off shift for 5 days. This means you will be expected to work every other weekend.
The ideal candidate:
- A believer and follower of Jesus Christ. This position requires a woman with a strong faith, rooted deeply in scripture and consistent prayer.
- Strong organizational skills and time management abilities.
- Ability to lovingly and effectively interact with and love women who have been through extreme trauma.
- Ability to create and maintain an environment conducive to healing and spiritual growth for our residents.
- Passionate about developing relationships and helping women grow in their walk with Jesus.
- Heart for missions.
- Open minded and does not harbor judgments. Must be able to hate the sin, but love the sinner.
- Able to adapt to change.
- Ability to make quick decisions under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Degree or applicable experience in psychology, counseling, social work, education, biblical studies or related field is a plus.
- Any experience with human trafficking, sexual exploitation, trauma, grief, PTSD is a plus
- Background check required due to the nature of the job and the safety of our residents.
Compensation/Salary: Currently, the House Mom is required to raise her own funds as a missionary with Zera House. The House Mom will be provided housing both on and off duty. During her 5 day shift, she will be provided a private room in the Zera House. Off duty, she will have a home provided at our staff house. During her shift, all food and household necessities will be provided. Off duty, the House Mom is responsible for purchasing her own food and personal items. The House Mom will also have transportation available as needed.
ZERA HOUSE INC
We provide a safe home for women who have escaped sex trafficking and exploitation. Our home is a place where they can come heal while experiencing the love, hope and grace of Jesus Christ.