PURPOSE: Represent and conduct the ministry of Spring Canyon in accordance with the OCF and Spring Canyon Strategy through guest services and activities coordination, or as directed by the Center Director or his designated representative. Serve as a member of the Spring Canyon team, with a focus on providing spiritual refreshment and blessing to every guest. Assists in conducting programs and activities at Spring Canyon that draw guests closer to Jesus Christ and make an impact on the way they live for Him. Help ensure that Spring Canyon is a place where members and guests of OCF are emboldened in their faith and walk, equipped to live out their faith and run their race, encouraged along the entire course of their race, and engaged in their calling as they live out their lives.
SUPERVISOR: Front Office Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES: Key responsibilities of this position are as follows:
· Live faithfully as a disciple of Jesus Christ and in obedience to God’s Word. Subscribe to the OCF Statement of Faith and Participation, and Biblical Guidelines for Member and Leader Conduct without reservation.
· Team--Contribute to the success of Spring Canyon by being an integral part of the summer team and by supporting the Center Director to create a God-honoring environment where people encounter Christ and are encouraged in their walk. Contribute to the fullness of the “heartbeat” of Spring Canyon and encourage God-loving relationships with every staff and family member at Spring Canyon.
· You are at the forefront of customer service and might be the first staff member to greet guests as they arrive
· Work in the Front Office area to ensure effective telephone and email communications, both internally and externally to maintain professional image
· Provide courteous and professional service to guests who are checking into or out of Spring Canyon, and offer assistance to guests as needed during their stay
· Greet arriving guests, assign rooms, and ascertain guest payment and billing information
· Provide guests with above-and-beyond service to ensure their experience will be worth remembering
· Ensures that guests are happy from the moment they step into Spring Canyon until they leave. As required provide follow-up after the guests are long gone
· Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day
· Answer telephone calls from guests seeking to make or cancel reservations. Be able to make simple reservations and be conversant in our reservation system, UltraCamp
· Answer guest requests for assistance and coordinate with housekeeping and management to fulfill guest requests
· Provide guests with access to conference center services
· Trusted to handle money and credit card transactions
· Graciously deal with irate guests and find ways to resolve issues to the guest's satisfaction.
· Create and lead fun activities, outings, and events for children and families.
· Arrange creative activities, such as arts and crafts or music, indoor and outdoor activities, such as hikes, or spiritual activities in coordination with the teaching staff.
· Work to create the events, get all necessary equipment, recruit participants and guide the events.
· Any other duties the Conference Center Director or his designated representative may assign (e.g., housekeeping, kitchen and dining room crew, teaching, etc.)
WORKING CONDITIONS: Serves at Spring Canyon and resides on Spring Canyon property in staff housing. This is a temporary (not benefits eligible), full-time, exempt position and the working hours required will be as necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the ministry. This position may be required to work irregular hours in order to meet guest needs. Occasional out-of-town and some local travel is required.
Kim D. Hawthorne, Colonel, USAF (Ret.)
Center Director Spring Canyon Retreat & Conference Center - OCF 26000 County Road 344
PO Box 2047, Buena Vista, Colorado 81211 Work: 719-395-2328 or 888-663-1417 Cell: 719-659-3275
Fax: 719-395-6364 Email: email@example.com