PURPOSE: Represent and conduct the ministry of Spring Canyon in accordance with the OCF and Spring Canyon Strategy through being a teacher or as directed by the Center Director or his designated representative. Serve as a member of the Spring Canyon team, with a focus on providing spiritual refreshment and blessing to every guest. Assists in conducting programs and activities at Spring Canyon that draw guests closer to Jesus Christ and make an impact on the way they live for Him. Help ensure that Spring Canyon is a place where members and guests of OCF are emboldened in their faith and walk, equipped to live out their faith and run their race, encouraged along the entire course of their race, and engaged in their calling as they live out their lives.
SUPERVISOR: Teacher Supervisor
RESPONSIBILITIES: Key responsibilities of this position are as follows:
· Live faithfully as a disciple of Jesus Christ and in obedience to God’s Word. Subscribe to the OCF Statement of Faith and Participation, and Biblical Guidelines for Member and Leader Conduct without reservation.
· Team--Contribute to the success of Spring Canyon by being an integral part of the ministry team and by supporting the Center Director to create a God-honoring environment where people encounter Christ and are encouraged in their walk. Contribute to the fullness of the “heartbeat” of Spring Canyon and encourage God-loving relationships with every staff and family member at Spring Canyon.
· Serve as a teacher in the summer children's program (nursery - 12 years old), which is conducted in the midst of week-long family retreats
· Graciously engage with parents when they drop off and pick up their children, or as needed to discuss situations pertaining to the children
· Preferred applicants will be college age or older
· Teaching certificate is not required
· Have a passions to work with children and to share your faith in Jesus Christ with them
· Weekly work schedule is 6 days per week
· Salary plus all meals and lodging provided
· Facilitate teaching Bible lessons, crafts, outdoor activities and games
· Serve as an integral part of a larger Spring Canyon staff team and will be expected to live in community together.
· Quality of character and attitude will be considered more important than outdoor skills.
· Active Christian faith and character
· Willingness to live in close community with other Christian brothers and sisters
· Maintain Red Cross CPR/First-Aid qualification
· Availability to live on site and work full-time from late-May to mid-August
· Any other duties the Conference Center Director or his designated representative may assign (e.g., kitchen and dining room crew, maintenance, etc.)
WORKING CONDITIONS: Serves at Spring Canyon and resides on Spring Canyon property in staff housing. This is a temporary (not benefits eligible), full-time, exempt position and the working hours required will be as necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the ministry. This position may be required to work irregular hours in order to meet guest needs. Occasional out-of-town and some local travel is required.
Kim D. Hawthorne, Colonel, USAF (Ret.)
Center Director Spring Canyon Retreat & Conference Center - OCF 26000 County Road 344
PO Box 2047, Buena Vista, Colorado 81211 Work: 719-395-2328 or 888-663-1417 Cell: 719-659-3275
Fax: 719-395-6364 Email: email@example.com