Duration: May 10-Aug 1, 2020
Reports to: Wilderness Program Director
Do you have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy backpacking, rock climbing, mountain biking, summiting peaks and whitewater? Would you like to introduce your skills and passions to those who might not otherwise get the chance?
At Wilderness Trek we build adventures for groups and individuals that take them beyond their previous experience levels, as well as deeper into their faith. We take people into creation to experience their creator while offering a high level guided experience. Guides are trained to manage risk, provide a rewarding experience and care for guests while leading them spiritually.
We believe that a life of adventure is a life well-lived. We share a love of the outdoors, but more importantly, a love for Jesus. At Trek, we get to be ourselves. We inspire others, and we love what we do. Our staff are the heart and soul of our ministry. They all share a passion for something outside themselves, and their expertise, enthusiasm and joy in serving God and helping others, are all a part of what makes camp a unique place to work. Our staff all love the outdoors, but we love Jesus more and want to use our passions to serve God’s Kingdom.
We develop our summer staff to help them use their time at Wilderness Trek to make a real impact on their futures. Some are called to outdoor ministry as a full-time career, others go into the world to do unrelated tasks for the Kingdom of God but using many skills they learned on Treks. Whether you stay with us for years, or only for a few weeks, you will gain ministry experience, in one of the most rewarding jobs you have ever had!
What you will get out of it:
● A summer filled with fun and adventure in the mountains
● You will be a guide and a mentor to every camper and you will have a lasting impact on theirs lives, which adds meaning to your summer.
● Lifelong friendships
● Spiritual growth and formation
● Training in both wilderness travel and spiritual leadership
● Certifications - Such as Wilderness First Aid, CPR, Lifeguard, Leave No Trace
● Room, Board, and a paycheck for the summer
The CORE Responsibilities of a Wilderness Trek Summer Guide:
● Demonstrate Christ-like attitudes and actions
● Provide a low risk, beneficial experience for the students
● Wilderness Guides will assist their Co-Guide in planning and organizing experiences for students based on student needs
● Debrief trips with their Co-Guide and the Director
● Teach hard skills of outdoor pursuits to students
● Process group experiences and make appropriate adjustments so that optimum learning takes place
● Create and implement Bible studies
● Cooperate in helping to advance and maintain camp’s grounds, facilities, and equipment by doing work projects as needed
● Participate in meal prep and clean up for lodge meals
● Facilitate group development and basecamp activities
● Teach minimum impact philosophy while enjoying the outdoors
● Maintain personal physical health and mental condition
● Keep a clean and tidy living space
● Attend all trainings prior to and during summer employment.
● Attend post summer debrief in entirety
● Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director
● An active Christian who loves Jesus and models a Christian lifestyle
● Good leader and is comfortable sharing their faith with others
● Outdoor savvy: you like to hike, or climb and know how to pack a backpack, and enjoy the outdoors.
● In good physical shape and can hike over varied terrain for 8+ hours while carrying a loaded backpack
● Have a valid Driver’s License.
● Minimum of 18 years of age.
● Summer availability
● Experience working with students aged 12-18 in an outdoor setting
● Skills or specific certifications such as (AMGA, ACA, etc.) or Senior Guide experience
● 2 + Years guiding experience
● 21 years of age or older
● Wilderness travel experience or experience instructing any of the following outdoor disciplines: hiking, whitewater or flat water activities, rock climbing, mountaineering, mountain biking, caving, multi-day river trips, or multi-day backcountry trips
Pay ranges from $200-$300+ per week based on experience and certifications.
Apply today at https://www.wildernesstrek.org/jobs-careers/ For Questions about this position or any position at Wilderness Trek email email@example.com
Wilderness Trek Christian Camp provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants, without regard to unlawful considerations of or discrimination against race, creed, color, nationality, sex, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition or characteristics, marital status, or any other classification prohibited by applicable local, state or federal laws. WTCC does discriminate on the basis of religion to the full extent permitted by law.WTCC reserves the right to employ persons who have a background and philosophy of ministry similar to ours and who in our opinion have a work history and lifestyle that is consistent with Scriptural practices.
*Do you love the outdoors but are looking for something different than wilderness ministry? Our partner organization, Glorieta Camps is always looking for staff to fill jobs from counselors to food service wo