Department: Worship Arts Ministry (WAM)
Classification: Part-time, 15-20 hours/week
Salary: $1200-$1700 per month (negotiable)
Reports to: Lead Pastor
ChristLife Community Church (CLCC) seeks a part-time staff Director of Worship Arts Ministry (DWAM). This is currently a part-time role, but our vision is to see it grow with the church and as the Lord leads.
As an expression of our vision to grow a community of Christ followers who worship and witness in all of life, Worship Arts Ministry (WAM) at CLCC focuses on leading and facilitating corporate worship and the team of ministry volunteers who serve in this area. CLCC is located in Franktown CO, just minutes from the Denver suburb of Parker and the nearby town of Castle Rock. We are a God-focused, Christ-centered, Biblically-rooted, Spirit-driven, non-denominational church. Is the Lord leading you to serve with our team?
The primary role of the DWAM is to shepherd and oversee the personal and practical aspects of WAM at CLCC as specified below. We are looking for a DWAM who is godly and gifted in the areas of musical, spiritual and organizational leadership. Upfront congregational worship leadership is obviously a critical part of this role, but just as important is the spiritual and organizational leadership that happens behind the scenes. We have high expectations, but we also recognize that this ministry will take time to grow and develop. So, while we expect the DWAM to be qualified and assume responsibility in all the areas listed below, we also understand that the time given to each area will be limited by the part-time nature of the role.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL …
A. Have a personal and growing relationship with God through faith in Christ evidenced by a solid level of spiritual maturity and a reputation for godliness.
B. Be able to fully embrace CLCC’s vision, ministry culture, and statement of faith.
C. Be passionate about worship as way of life and the role of music in corporate worship.
D. Possess a heart and aptitude for spiritual and organizational servant-leadership.
E. Have good people skills and at least adequate organizational skills.
F. Have fruitful and fulfilling experience leading in the area of WAM.
G. Be musically competent (vocally and instrumentally) at a level to lead corporate worship and the WAM with excellence. Has good vocal pitch and stage presence, is able to lead with either guitar or piano, and can read music or at least read and create chord/lyric charts.
H. Have sufficient knowledge and willingness to learn and oversee behind-the-scenes aspects of WAM (e.g. technical: audio, lighting, video production, social media, etc.).
I. Possess a commitment to and track record of doing WAM as a team, including recruiting and leading a group of ministry volunteers.
J. Be a hard worker but not a workaholic, a self-starter, reliable, trustworthy, and excellent at following through.
K. Be committed to serve at least two years in this role (barring extraordinary and unforeseen circumstances) and open to the possibility of a larger and longer-term role at CLCC.
L. Make CLCC his/her home church and participate in the overall life and ministry of the body.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Be the point person, provide leadership, and coordinate ongoing programming for the WAM at CLCC.
2. In collaboration with the Lead Pastor, plan weekend worship services and various special events (e.g. Christmas Eve, Easter Sunday, Praise & Prayer services, etc.) that need a worship/music component (e.g. worship flow, song selection, rehearsals, other creative and technical elements).
3. Along with the Lead Pastor, be the primary facilitator and lead worshiper for weekend worship services.
4. Recruit, shepherd, train/equip, and support WAM team volunteers.
5. Continually seek to develop and grow the WAM (e.g. new music, new ministry volunteers, new approaches and forms of worship, etc.)
6. Connect the vision of WAM with the overall vision of CLCC.
7. Meet with WAM team volunteers and other CLCC leaders (as individuals and in groups) as needed to build relationships, provide and receive support and accountability, and practice discipleship.
• Organization & Administration
1. In consultation with the Lead Pastor and other ministry leaders, oversee the development and maintenance of all aspects (except preaching) directly related to the weekend worship services (e.g. communion preparation, chair Bibles, worship center set-up and design, sound, lighting, video slide, offering, ministry volunteers, bulletin, etc.)
2. Seek to support other church ministries/activities that may need assistance from the WAM.
3. Become an active member of the CLCC staff team and, as much as possible, participate in regular staff meetings.
Submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org