Department: Worship & Creative Arts (WCA)
Classification: Part time, 15-20 hours/week
Salary: $1200-$1700 per month (negotiable)
Reports to: Lead Pastor
ChristLife Community Church (CLCC) is looking for a part-time staff Director of Worship & Creative Arts. While this is currently a part-time role, our vision is to see it grow into a full-time position as soon as possible and as the Lord leads. We are also open to creating a full-time position (with benefits) for candidates who can fill this position and also qualify to fill our position of Student (Youth) Ministry Director.
As an expression of our vision to grow a community of Christ followers who worship God in spirit and truth as a way of life, WCA Ministry at CLCC focuses on leading and facilitating corporate worship and the team of ministry volunteers who serve in this area. CLCC is located in Franktown CO, just minutes from Castle Rock and Parker. We are a God-focused, Christ-centered, Biblically-rooted, Spirit-driven, non-denominational church. We are small (100ish attendance) but determined and looking forward to what God has for us. We welcomed a new Lead Pastor in early 2018. We seek to worship God together in all of life and live on mission every day in the name of Jesus. Is the Lord leading you to serve with our church family and ministry team?
The primary role of the WCA Director (WCAD) is to shepherd and oversee the personal and practical aspects of Worship & Creative Arts Ministry at CLCC as specified below.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL ...
A. Have a personal and growing relationship with God through faith in Christ evidenced in attitude, behavior, reputation, and a baseline level of spiritual maturity.
B. Be able to fully embrace CLCC’s vision, values, people, ministry culture, and statement of faith.
C. Be passionate about God, worship, corporate worship, and creative arts as a platform for worship.
D. Be a true student of God’s Word who is able and willing, if necessary, to pursue further biblical/theological education in the future.
E. Possess a personal sense of calling (leading from God) to do WCA ministry at CLCC.
F. Have fulfilling and fruitful long-term experience leading in the area of WCA.
G. Possess the heart of a pastor and disciple-maker.
H. Be musically competent (vocally and instrumentally) at a level to lead corporate worship and WCA ministry well. Has good pitch (vocally), stage presence, and can lead with either guitar or piano. Can read music or can at least read and create chord/lyric charts.
I. Have interest, vision, and sufficient knowledge to learn and oversee areas of WCA ministry that are supportive (e.g. technical: audio, lighting, video production, social media, etc.) or somewhat outside the norm (e.g. visual arts, design, dance, dramatic, etc.).
J. Possess a proven track record of commitment to do ministry as a team. The WCAD will be expected to recruit, mobilize, and oversee a team of ministry volunteers for the WCA Ministry at CLCC.
K. Have proven servant-leadership skills to recruit, equip, and support ministry volunteers.
L. Willing to invest in and develop the skills and character of WCA volunteers and, when appropriate, give them opportunities to lead.
M. Be able to balance big-picture thinking with a servant’s heart: willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done without getting preoccupied with tasks that can and should be delegated to others.
N. Be committed to making disciples in a way that balances training and caring for believers while also doing the work of an evangelist and encouraging others to do the same.
O. Possess good communication and administrative skills.
P. Be a hard worker but not a workaholic, reliable, trustworthy, a self-starter, and excellent at following through on details.
Q. Embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
R. Apply sound judgment, discretion, sensitivity and appropriate boundaries in personal relationships and communication.
S. Possess strong interpersonal skills (including conflict resolution) with the ability to maintain healthy relationships.
T. Demonstrate proven leadership ability that takes initiative to achieves results.
U. Be committed to serve at least two years in this role (barring extraordinary and unforeseen circumstances) and open to the possibility of a larger (full-time?) and longer-term role at CLCC if the opportunity arises and God so leads.
V. Make CLCC his/her home church and participate in the overall life and ministry of the body.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Be the point person, provide leadership, and coordinate ongoing programs and programming for the WCA ministry at CLCC.
2. In partnership with the Lead Pastor and WCA leadership planning team, plan the weekend worship services and special events (e.g. Christmas Eve, Easter Sunday, Praise & Prayer services, etc.) that include a significant worship/music component (e.g. worship flow, song selection, rehearsals, other creative and technical elements)
3. Along with the Lead Pastor, be the primary facilitator and Lead Worshiper for weekend worship services.
4. Recruit, shepherd, train/equip, and support ministry volunteers including the WCA leadership planning team.
5. Continually seek to develop and grow the WCA ministry (new music, new ministry volunteers, new approaches and forms of worship, etc.)
6. Takes the lead in choosing and evaluating music with openness to input from other people including WCA ministry volunteers and church leaders.
7. Help develop and implement the vision for WCA Ministry and do strategic planning in collaboration with the Lead Pastor and other CLCC ministry leaders.
8. Connect the vision of WCA Ministry with the overall vision of CLCC.
9. Meet with WCA ministry volunteers, and other CLCC leaders (as individuals and in groups) as needed to build relationships, provide care and support, and practice discipleship.
1. In consultation with the Lead Pastor, oversee the development and maintenance of all aspects (except preaching) directly related to the weekend worship services (e.g. communion preparation and cleanup, chair Bibles, worship center set-up and design, sound, lighting, video slide, offering, ministry volunteers.)
2. Seek to provide support for other church ministries/activities that may need the partnership of the WCA Ministry.
3. Become an active team member on the CLCC staff and, whenever possible, participate in regular staff meetings.
4. Communicate with ministry volunteers and the church in general on a regular basis about activities, opportunities and other issues related to the WCA Ministry.
Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com