Supervisor: Senior Pastor
Purpose Church is seeking a part-time Worship Leader. This individual works in partnership with the Senior Pastor, while leading a Worship Ministry and the congregation in a life of gratitude and praise to God. This person plans, designs, coordinates, and facilitates a unified worship experience, and relates to church members. We seek a spiritually mature, biblical, prayerful Christian gifted in leadership of all ages, bringing encouragement and vision for worship to the church as a whole. This is part-time, contract position of approximately 12.5-15 hours per week, with future growth potential to a full-time ministry position. Regular participation in Staff and occasional attendance at Elder meetings is expected as well as any other duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Worship service planning and implementation.
Coordination of Musicians and Volunteers.
Research, locate and make choices about music to be learned and used.
Prepare music for team: lyric sheets, chord sheets and sheet music.
Management of music equipment.
Plan and prepare for workshop events for the purposes of learning new music, developing skills, team building, and spiritual renewal.
Plan and prepare for annual team retreats.
Plan, prepare and lead auditions for the team.
Lead team in prayer, team building and worship, as well as in rehearsal.
· Work closely with any other teams in planning and preparing for church services or other church events.
· Responsible for all technical and aesthetic aspects of worship and coordinating volunteers who serve in that capacity.
· Work with Elders, Staff and volunteers to accomplish our purpose to Love God, Love People and Make Disciples both within our church and our surrounding community.
· Plan, implement and evaluate the annual worship calendar, including service formats, themes, and special programs to assure the necessary music ministry is provided.
· Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
First and foremost, a Worship Leader is a mature, devout follower of Jesus Christ, is faithful in the pursuit of God including prayer, study and application of the Word, and is committed to our purpose as believers: To Love God, Love People and Make Disciples. He is also gifted musically, and has a passion for leading people in worship of God. This person is willing to humbly work in partnership with the Senior Pastor, Elders and Staff. He is a gifted communicator, leader, and has a heart for Christ’s Church. This person works well in a team, is creative, collaborative, organized, warm and outgoing, familiar with and enthusiastic about serving Jesus, and has a heart for the un-churched. Other qualifications are as follows:
· Spiritual growth, evident by practicing the marks of Christian discipleship.
· Aligned with Purpose Church’s Statement of Faith, Code of Conduct, doctrinal positions, mission, and core values to the degree that they become a member of Purpose Church upon hire.
· Possesses personality, temperament and interpersonal skills to relate and serve effectively within a multi-generational congregation setting.
· Exhibits evidence of Christian character and servant leadership in professional and personal environments.
· Demonstrates evidence of a spiritually-balanced life (prayer, Bible study, rest, worship, financial stewardship).
· Demonstrates a strong work ethic and personal integrity.
EDUCATON AND SKILLS
Proficiency in leading worship with a strong vocal ability. Able to lead with a guitar or keyboard is necessary.
· Well-versed in current worship technology (A/V and multimedia)
Quality verbal and written communication skills, with computer proficiency.
· The ability and willingness to serve Christ and the Church, faithfully, sacrificially and lovingly.
· Bachelor’s degree from a Christian college or university aligned with a ministry focused major is preferred, but not required.
· Minimum of five years of worship ministry experience is preferred.
The Worship Leader is a part-time contract position, estimated at 12.5-15 hours per week.
TO APPLY: Please email a cover letter and resume with 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.